At a glance
Asset-based fee: 0.30% not to exceed $500
InvestMyself℠ 403(b) allows you to take control of your contributions and investment selections on your own as you progress To and Through Retirement®.
Traditional retirement income sources for educators - such as state pensions and social security - often times do not fully replace your income. The NEA Retirement Program is designed to help educators supplement these income sources so you can achieve the retirement you deserve.
- Our educational videos and intuitive online platform let you enroll in about 15 minutes or less
- Traditional or Roth 403(b)(7) accounts available (*depending on your school district's plan options)
- Multiple Vanguard® index funds allow you to diversify your portfolio*
- Get 24/7 access to your account on SecurityBenefit.com or the Security Benefit mobile app
*Diversification does not assure a profit or insure against financial loss.
The InvestMyself℠ 403(b) program is an employer-sponsored retirement savings account, available to NEA members. Contributions are made through a reduction in an employee's salary.
An employer may elect to match up to a certain percentage of contributions.
Traditional 403(b)(7) Option
- Pre-tax contributions
- Tax-deferred earnings
- Taxable withdrawals
Roth 403(b)(7) Option
- Contributions made after tax
- Tax-free earning and withdrawals (subject to certain requirements)
*Not all 403(b)(7) plans offer a Roth option